Inhabitat has an article about the first Sustainable Dance Club that opened in Rotterdam, called Club Watt. Club Watt features an LED dance floor that is powered by the kinetic energy the dancers generate, and has other
elements of sustainability set forth by the Sustainable Dance Club group.
How does a dance club become a part of this group?
To qualify as a Sustainable Dance Clubâ„¢ your club must reach a certain level of sustainability as defined by the 5 SDCâ„¢ guidelines:
– 30% less environmental impact than average clubs
– Sustainability integrated in both building and organisation
– Installation of 3 SDCâ„¢ spectaculars that show sustainability to the public (Sustainable Dance Floor, Zero Waste Bar, Waterwall)
– Communication plan on how to inform the public about sustainability
– Sustainable business plan with yearly targets and evaluation