It’s always nice to keep an eye on the job market for people, because it gives me a sense of what is out there and who is looking for what… it’s also a good indicator of revolving door places, places who can’t keep talent in-house, and places that may not have been looking for what you have to offer them six months ago, but are looking for you now. It’s always a good idea to know where you stand in this industry because shit is moving all the time.
There’s lots of gigs out there, just make sure you’re being diligent.
- Banks|Ramos Architectural Lighting Design is looking for an Associate level LD
- Funny enough, they’re also looking for a Junior Lighting Designer
- Anna Kondolf Lighting Design is also looking for a Junior Lighting Designer
- Domingo Gonzales Associates is looking for a Lighting Designer
- The Eighth Blackbird Performing Arts Association is looking for a Production Stage Manager
- Chamber Theatre Productions is looking for a Touring Electrician… read the description though, pay might be a wee bit low for the work load
- Feld Entertainment is looking for a “Tech Official” for their Monster Jam tour
- There’s an Inside Sales Position open at Rose Brand West
- BML-Blackbird is looking for a Production Coordinator
- ESME Entertainment Services is looking for a few positions in Lighting and Rigging — an Event Project Manager and a Senior Technician. This listing points to The Light Network, so you’ll need an account over there if you actually don’t have one already. Hell, I thought Pontius Pilate even had a Light Network account.
That’s it for now — get your ass out there and search every day for a job if you don’t have one… don’t get complacent, it means more suffering for you and yours. Also, never be afraid to do something you don’t want to do yet you’re qualified to do, especially if it means having income. You’d be surprised what skillsets you have that people will pay for in the Lighting industries.