Hey, are you in Stamford, Connecticut – or anywhere near?
Are you a fan of light and lighting?
Do you love going around to trade shows seeing what’s new and hip in the world of light?
Then hop the albatross and get to PLASA Focus Stamford!!! It’s today and tomorrow, November 11-12, 2012. I’ll be in the CAST Group booth for this show, come get a free hug while you can! I’ll be in Booth 121 — or as soon as you come into the conference room, just look for the big CAST stand!
I’m also going to be giving my presentation called The Birth, The Childhood, and The Apparent Adolescence of Lighting Design Technology at 1:30pm Monday and 12:30pm Tuesday. Come check it out, it’s free! It’s also not a sales pitch, I really hate that at these shows. PLASA Focus shows are all about the manufacturer and maker NOT hiding behind their huge Vegas-sized booths and have to actually answer questions and talk to people. The room is tiny, and it is 10000% worth it. Come check it out!
I also HIGHLY recommend checking out the following seminars, all available at PLASA Focus Stamford’s Seminar Schedule site:
- John Huntington’s What Is A Network, and Why Should I Care? — 1pm Monday
- Richard Pilbrow’s Architecture and the Art of TheatreDesign — 5pm Monday
PS, he’s also signing his book then too — and that book is AWE-SOME.
- Wendall Harrington’s Is Video Killing Theatre? — 9am Monday
- Don Holder’s Lighting Design: The Past, Present, and Future — 10am Monday
- Bill Sapsis‘ Heads Up! — 1pm Monday
- TMB’s The Art of Wireless Control by Lumen Radio — 1030am Tuesday
- The Tribe’s Visual Design for Live Performance — 11am Tuesday
- Steve Shelley’s A Practical Guide to Starting A Career in Technical Theatre — 1pm Tuesday
This is going to be a great show!