There’s a deep connection between light and how we see and how we interpret it–a connection all light artists work to explore and manipulate. But here’s another aspect of that, which I love: using our medium, light, to talk about that connection, out loud.
Image by one of my personal favorite light-picture makers, Julie Michelle.
- Light art as social commentary: The Male Gaze installation. (VJ Culture)
- Super-fast soft tissue scans thanks to awesome imaging technology. (MedGadget)
- 360-degree LED images. So. Cool. (Etre)
- Light fixture made of moulded string. No, not moldy. Moulded. (Switched On Set)
- More home stuff: old-fashioned style, new technology for garden lamps. (7 Gadgets)
- Need some glass cut? Why not build yourself a laser like this guy did? (TechEBlog)
- All out of solar energy? Pick some up at this store. (Unpluggd)
- Tom Kenny busted out the Mac2000 Wash XB at the CMAs. (ZioGiorgio)
- This is not the laser toy you are looking for. (CompoundSemi)
- Quantum dot-based diode lasers. Pump lasers. Yes, please. (CompoundSemi)