Hello JimOnLight-ers! This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship: me, you, and a whole lot of links about light. Let’s get right down to business, because there’s fish involved here.
Image from Quiet Ensemble, through Yatzer.
- I’m not sure about the grammar of “5.5th”, but that’s what generation of OLEDs Samsung is about to roll out come July, according to OLEDdisplay.
- Speaking of LEDs, wouldn’t it rock to retrofit your fluorescent tube fixtures to use them? So far it’s not working out too well, unfortunately, says LEDs Magazine. I wonder if one of the JimOnLight community could make it happen?
- Make Magazine has a how-to on sand-art lightboxes. Start saving up that sand you bring home in your shorts from the beach!
- Are your pixels imprisoned? Free them with this groovy robotic lamp (HackNMod)!
- Apple likes to patent things. EcoGeek says the mighty computer folks have just patented some solar-powered things.
- Renewable energy: we’ve got the infrastructure, says EcoGeek.
- Renewable energy: CleanTechnica says, it’s money.
- Check out this groovy solar-powered house at Inhabitat!
- Beautiful old buildings, beautiful new lights, via Yatzer.
- Goldfish, composing. No, really. Yatzer tells us about a super-cool interaction of goldfish, light, and sound.