Seriously! Shut that stuff off and go play in the dark for an hour! Earth Hour starts at 8pm your time – meaning your time zone. at 8pm, shut off anything drawing power in your house or apartment and just give the grid a break for an hour.
Last year my wife and I made some light art with a keychain LED. I plan do do something similar to last year’s event in a few minutes here.
Here is a short list of things that you can do in the dark – definitely not an exhaustive list:
- sit in the dark
- light a candle and stare at it for a little while
- blow out the candle and play marco polo
- get bored with marco polo and decide to microwave some popcorn
- remember that it’s Earth Hour, and you unplugged the microwave
- re-convince yourself that you can wait an hour for popcorn
- jump back on the couch defeated
- play with your iPhone for a half hour