Yeah, oh my indeed. I think one of the hardest things to do is to buy gifts for people working in the lighting industry. I mean, it’s like anything technical, really – if it isn’t related to gaming, clothing, or nerdiness, then it’s something like a $16,000 spectroscope or a $3,000 dollar oscilloscope.
What? Who asks for that for christmas? Can Santa’s elves make that? Do they just contract that out or something?
The other hardest thing about buying presents for a lighting professional is when you forget to get them until the Monday before Christmas!! I went through Amazon this morning and grabbed some stuff that I think lighting people would like, and I listed some of it below. I picked stuff that I thought I would like to either give or receive – so good luck, and hurry up! Christmas is on Friday! AAAA! Two day shipping!
Did you pick something out? Time’s a wasting!
- 10-LED USB light bar
- Kensington “Flylight” USB light
- Black and Decker “Ready Wrench”
- Crescent brand adjustable spanner with thumb slide (I have 2 of these!)
- 8″ Stanley brand “crescent” wrench (adjustable spanner)
- Cooper Lighting 80-LED rechargeable folding worklight
- Amprobe LM631A digital light meter
- Gerber Pro Scout needle-nose multitool
- christmas ornament earrings!
- christmas light earrings!
- Gerber’s Legen multitool
- Victorian-era Edison replica lamp, 25W
- 1890 Edison lamp replica, 40W
- 1910 squirrelcage filament replica lamp, 40W
- 1920 double-looped filament replica lamp, 30W
- 28-piece Klein tools Electrician set
- Leatherman New Wave multitool with leather sheath
- Lava Lamps!
- USB charm light
- christmas lights necklace
- Mastech 20-200,000 lux meter
- Sekonic L-358 Flash Master
- Sekonic L-398 light meter