psst… here’s a little secret: click on a photo and it opens up enormous.
I love High End Systems, this is always going to be true. I am a Hog man through and through, no matter how many other desks I “become intimately familiar with,” my good ol’ Hog knows I always spec it at the end of the day. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Hog 4, it’s like having freshly fried bacon in your hands — you know you’re going to be satisfied! HES fixtures are always lots of fun too, I’ve seen lots of rock over my lifetime that had Studio Spots and Studio Colors driving it.
The boys from High End were pretty busy at LDI 2012 with the release of Hog 4 — I couldn’t even get a demo at LDI, nor did I get to hug the Richard. Oh well I guess, sometimes people get too busy.
Hog 4 is pretty cool — first and foremost, did you see those big touchscreens?!
GAH! Sexy! I need to get myself down to the factory to see these things in action, I did not get the opportunity to get my hands on one at the show. Big, beautiful screens, encoders with tactile design, and screen shortcut buttons for days. From the Hog 4 product website at High End:
The Hog 4 is the flagship in our newest range of consoles. Replacing the much loved Wholehog III, it embraces the latest technology, while retaining the Hog’s familiar control surface. Users will be able to walk up to the Hog 4 and start programming without having to learn a whole new interface. The new encoders, jog shuttle wheel, lcd keys, motorized faders and integrated keyboard all serve to enhance this experience, making the Hog 4 completely customizable. You can now have virtually all the most important attributes to hand at any time.
Retaining the sleek look of generations past, the Hog 4 offers the user an advanced programming experience in an established environment. The Hog 4 console, at the top of the Hog line, is designed to handle the largest shows.
The console provides three monitor outputs, MIDI input and output ports, 8 USB ports, 2 Fast Ethernet ports on a rugged Neutrik Ethercon connector allowing you total flexibility. You’re prepared for everything from the smallest industrial job requiring a single console to the largest stadium show, theme park installation or Broadway spectacular requiring a multi console setup with full network backups!
Preserve show data on a solid state hard disk drive as well as with USB drives and CD/DVD-ROM’s, or alternatively connect directly to a network drive to store your show files remotely.
- Robust Hog 4 Operating Software
- Unlimited number of simultaneous crossfades
- Two internal 17-inch wide screen touchscreens with 10 point multi-touch
- Three external monitors or touchscreens supported
- Five encoders for an expanded wheelset
- Twelve LCD User Keys
- Tri Axis backlit trackball, with rotary encoder for the third axis and four configurable buttons for cursor and position control
- Ten motorized playback faders
- One motorized Grand Master
- Dedicated Intensity and Rate wheels
- User assignable Jog Shuttle encoder
- 48 Soft-Keys for quick toolbar selections
- Built in DMX Processor 8000
- Hog-Net Ethernet connector
- Fixture-Net Ethernet connector
- Integrated keyboard
- Internal Hard disk drive
- Internal CD/DVD drive
- Eight USB ports for Wholehog wings and external touchscreens
- Storage space beneath arm rest
- Desklights, feedback LEDs, and integrated worklight all dimmable
- Auto-ranging mains input (90-250VAC)
- Light Converse Visualizer dongle included
- Dust cover included
- Custom Road Case included
- Unlimited number of DMX channels via Ethernet DPs
- Unlimited number of Art-Net and E1.3.1 (sACN) universes via Ethernet DPs
- Onboard MIDI Input and Output, MIDI Show Control and MIDI Time Code and LTC Input
- Multiple LTC inputs via optional multiple SMPTE/ LTC USB Widget
- Connectivity with many visualizers via Ethernet
- Wired and wireless networking ability with multiple Wholehog console systems
- Remote Focus capabilities when networked with a tablet PC running Hog 4PC software
- Supports USB Playback and Expansion Wings
- With the Screen down – 40.5” (1028.7mm) wide by 28.49” (723.7mm) deep by 6.49” (164.75mm) high
- With the Screen up – 40.5” (1028.7mm) wide by 28.49” (723.7mm) deep by 16.43” (417.39mm) high
- Weight- 75 lbs (34 kg)
Yes. I cannot wait to drive the Hog 4. More photos!
Nano Hog 4:
Augh! I love it! It’s like the shape of a Whole Hog II with the pizazz of color touchscreens!