Lighting Students, listen up.
I posted the competition rules a while ago for the contest that I am holding for a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR PRIZE for books and supplies (which, hey, kinda rhymes!) and the cutoff time is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. So far, we have two entries. TWO.
Does no one want $500 free dollars for books? I gotta believe that this ain’t true.
The two entries that are currently in the running for $500 for books and supplies – Daphne Mir, whom we all know affectionately as @lekogirl, and Zac Weigand’s video. Zack and Daphne are both lighting design students. Check out Daphne‘s first:
and Zack Weigand‘s video:
The original contest video and rules:
The JimOnLight.com Fall 2010 Student Contest RULES:
- Make a video telling the world how you feel about the best thing ever – LIGHT!
- Upload the video somewhere like Youtube, Vimeo, Viddler, or somewhere else public before September 15, 2010 at midnight CST.
- Email Jim with the link to the video: either jim AT jimonlight DOTCOM or jimonlight.com/contact
- There is no time limit or minimum on your video. Make it as short or as long as you like. Just make your case.
- Please, no naked anything. It doesn’t help your case, and if you make it public, you better believe people are going to see it.
- Be nice. The world would be so much more awesome if everyone was nice and treated each other how they’d love to be treated.
- Light Associated Media LLC and JimOnLight.com cannot be held responsible for anything you do that upsets people. I just want to help a student. Don’t put me in a situation where I have to make defensive decisions. By entering the contest with your video you agree not to act like a fool and do stupid things.
- I make final decisions on who ultimately gets my $500.