Ok, this is pretty awesome. Â Nobody paid me shit to post this, CHAUVET Professional makes good gear that kicks most of the mid-range stuff’s ass. Â I guess truth is hard to read.
So, below, Ford Sellers, the Senior Product Manager for the PROÂ line fixtures and equipment, is gonna tell you about the RDM2GO unit.
Here’s the official hoo-haa: Â http://www.chauvetprofessional.com/products/rdm2go/
The RDM2go is a multi-functional tool for working with fixtures over a DMX/RDM data line. The palm-sized controller performs a multitude of tasks including RDM functionality, DMX snapshot and test-scene record and playback, Ilumicode addressing for Iluminarc fixtures and DMX input and output monitoring. The RDM2go also features a built in DMX cable integrity checker, and an easy to ready OLED display. The unit easily recharges via a standard micro USB jack and comes with a convenient carry pouch and connector convertors.
- It’s a handheld tool for managing fixtures and systems with DMX, RDM, ANDÂ Ilumicode based control, which is bad ass because the Iluminarc line has some pretty beefy, punchy LED architectural units in its line. Â it was one of my favorite things when I worked for Chauvet.
- RDM2GO allows you to easily address, locate and monitor RDM capable fixtures.
- This thing makes it so you can check DMX addressing, cabling, and store/playback basic snapshots.
- Address and set personalities of Ilumicode based architectural fixtures (AWESOME)
This thing is pretty cool! Â It also comes with some accessories:
What’s in the bag?
- the RDM2go unit
- the RDM2GO Carry Pouch
- 2 pieces, 3- to 5-pin converters
- 5-pin male to bare wire adaptor
- USB-A Male to Micro USB-B Male (3 ft)