It’s always nice to keep an eye on the job market for people, because it gives me a sense of what is out there and who is looking for what… Â it’s also a good indicator of revolving door places, places who can’t keep talent in-house, and places that may not have been looking for what you have to offer them six months ago, but are looking for you now. Â It’s always a good idea to know where you stand in this industry because shit is moving all the time.
There’s lots of gigs out there, just make sure you’re being diligent.
JOBS! Â GIGS!
- Banks|Ramos Architectural Lighting Design is looking for an Associate level LD
- Funny enough, they’re also looking for a Junior Lighting Designer
- Anna Kondolf Lighting Design is also looking for a Junior Lighting Designer
- Domingo Gonzales Associates is looking for a Lighting Designer
- The Eighth Blackbird Performing Arts Association is looking for a Production Stage Manager
- Chamber Theatre Productions is looking for a Touring Electrician… Â read the description though, pay might be a wee bit low for the work load
- Feld Entertainment is looking for a “Tech Official” for their Monster Jam tour
- There’s an Inside Sales Position open at Rose Brand West
- BML-Blackbird is looking for a Production Coordinator
- ESME Entertainment Services is looking for a few positions in Lighting and Rigging — an Event Project Manager and a Senior Technician. Â This listing points to The Light Network, so you’ll need an account over there if you actually don’t have one already. Â Hell, I thought Pontius Pilate even had a Light Network account.
That’s it for now — get your ass out there and search every day for a job if you don’t have one… Â don’t get complacent, it means more suffering for you and yours. Â Also, never be afraid to do something you don’t want to do yet you’re qualified to do, especially if it means having income. Â You’d be surprised what skillsets you have that people will pay for in the Lighting industries.