HEY! Is that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?!?!
HAPPY 234th Birthday, America! You’re looking a little rough around the edges lately, but I still love you so much. I have been traveling all over the place lately, and I’m always glad to come home to you and share your land with my fellow citizens.
We have some work to do though, America. Let’s quit not being a country full of geniuses and become a country full of geniuses! We’re AMERICA! Let’s act like it!
Okay. Some things I’d like to see us do pretty soon:
- Let’s stop using oil and gas and use electrical (or at least hybrid) transportation
- Let’s stop using oil and coal to make light. Instead, let’s use wind, wave, geothermal, and solar power!
- Let’s start developing ways to reduce the amount of trash and waste we make, at the least through lighting
- Let’s all get together and stop letting the people with all of the money crap on the rest of us.
- Let’s stop being ridiculous around the world and be world leaders in art, architecture, design, and (especially) lighting!
I have a few very close friends who work for the United States Government and are spending this Fourth of July holiday thousands of miles from their families in a dangerous place with people shooting at them. Let’s remember that, no matter what you feel about the wars we’re involved with or what you feel about the military, those people are our brothers, sisters, friends, and family.
This little bit of flat top picking is for those people NOT able to have a cold Shiner Bock this Fourth of July. Let’s tip one (or several) for them today! (Thanks for the video, Dad!)
More than anything, I have had enough fighting for a lifetime. Fighting sucks! Even though our birthday signifies independence and the “might” to be independent, I want to share my aspirations for us to be SO INTELLIGENT and GOOD AT THINGS OTHER THAN FIGHTING that we can be independent without needing to try to kick other people’s butts. Let’s not be bullies, America – let’s be leaders! When we exercise our thought muscle, we don’t need to show our guns.
Jiddu Krishnamurti once said:
“We all want to be famous people, and the moment we want to be something, we are no longer free.”
America, we rock. Let’s join hands with the rest of the world and all rock together!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, EVERYBODY!