https://i0.wp.com/www.jimonlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/2396255073_b80b7ef657_b1-e1277427499232.jpg?fit=625%2C404 404 625 Jax http://www.jimonlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/jol-color-logo.png Jax2010-06-28 08:00:172011-05-10 16:16:08Jax's Link-O-Rama: Party at the Louvre Edition
I had a party recently. Â It was not at the Louvre. Â That’s because I’m not a Nobel laureate laser-inventing genius. Â Gotta get on that. Â Anyway–here are your Monday links!
Image snagged from Felber’s Flickr stream. Â Thanks!
- The US Department of Energy isÂ throwing money around in the interest of better phosphorescent OLED technology. (OLED-info)
- Prime opportunity for inventing a good euphemism: LEDs withÂ “tighter binning”.(Enlighter)
- More on LEDs:Â planar lighting. (LEDs Magazine)
- Denied: Maryland doesn’t get smartmeters just yet. (Earth2Tech)
- Fossil fuel subsidy WTF. Â Aren’t we past rewarding stuff like this? (CleanTechnica)
- Speaking of lighting a flat surface, here’s anÂ edge-lit display how-to. (Make Magazine)
- Vroom, vroom! (CleanTechnica)
- Partying down with laser geniuses–at the Louvre!Â (Optics.org)
- This won’t hurt a bit: laser injections! (Optics.org)
- Here’s the Earth2Tech weekly roundup. (Inhabitat)
- A late addition: this is a story from a couple of months ago, but it’s just come to our attention here at JOL, so we’ll pass it on. Â Just in case you ever doubt that lighting designers are rock stars: here’s a sad INXS-style incident involving one of our own. (NYT)